Though many people regularly use the sunscreen products like lotions and creams, very few people possess decent knowledge about the active ingredients present in them.
These ingredients, also called sun filters, safeguard us from ultraviolet rays. A blend of different sun filters is present in the majority of sunscreens that are presently available in the market. This combination of sun filters included in the sunscreens is necessary to ensure maximum protection for consumers.
At this point, it won’t be inappropriate to succinctly elaborate upon the benefits of using products that give us sun protection.
• First and foremost, the usage of sunscreen products drastically minimizes the risk of getting affected by skin cancer.
• Using sunscreens is a definite way to keep yourself protected from sunburn, which causes a lot of pain. Frequent sunburns alarmingly increase vulnerability to several types of skin cancers.
• Apart from the health aspect, there is also an aesthetic angle to the use of sunscreen products. Nowadays, many people are employed in the service sector where they need to continuously interact with prospects and customers.
• It’s paramount that their appearance is good and they need to be in sound health, as well. Any negligence, in this context, could be detrimental to their career. Here, sunscreen creams and lotions come to their rescue, by protecting their skin health and keeping it free from blemishes.
• Sunscreens are extremely helpful in keeping wrinkles at bay and delaying the aging of the skin to a reasonable extent.
Approved sun filters – patented and off-patent
At this juncture, it will be useful to briefly focus on key points related to patented and off-patent sun filters.
• Approved sun filters, as suggested by the name, are those that have received the approval of concerned regulatory authorities as being safe for usage. This approval is granted after the ingredients successfully clear stringent testing.
• The approved sun filters are of two kinds those that are still under patent protection and those that have become off-patent.
• Sunscreens, in which most of the ingredients are still under patent, are likely to carry a higher price tag. Likewise, products containing mostly non-patented filters are more reasonably priced and hence well within the budget of common folks.
• Technically, all approved products are safe. But due to the practical usage, more data on which one is relatively better can be known by little research.
Sunscreen lotions and creams – varying country-wise regulations
Here, it needs to be mentioned that the regulations for active ingredients vary from one country to another. The formulators of any region have to use/blend the filters fully following the rules of that country.
Cosmetic formulators mix varied kinds of sun filters in lotions and creams, to make certain that the users get the desired result. Sunscreens are one area where a little knowledge can help choose a more suitable product that works for your situation.
Vinner Labs is a solution-oriented provider․ We provide products of high value and specialises in the supply of functional and active ingredients for personal care, home care, hair colour, sun care products, pigments, dyes and dietary supplements including Iscotrizinol, also called as Uvasorb Heb/Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone․ We are one of the unique players in this niche segment of specialty chemicals from India and elsewhere․We consider ourselves as value-unlockers in a variety of personal care categories including beauty care, skin care, and hair care․ Vinner Labs differentiates itself by introducing newer molecules in areas of its functioning․ We take immense pride in being one of the earliest to introduce functionally effective molecules in the personal care industry․