Consumers have become highly educated about the detrimental effects of unnatural and processed foods and artificial ingredients, which is thereby driving the high demand for transparency. Clean label ingredients are the food industry’s response to increasing consumer demand for consumables without questionable ingredients such as aspartame, brominated vegetable oil, artificial dyes, and caramel color.
Clean label is proving to be an evolving concept that has shifted in its meaning and significance over the years. The clean label is majorly associated with products infused with natural ingredients that are easily recognizable and are considered safe for consumption. Cleaner formulations are characterized by a shorter list of ingredients, as presence of few ingredients signify natural and high quality products.
Clean Label Ingredients Industry Overview
The Clean Label Ingredients Market was valued at $19.77 billion in 2020, which is expected to grow with a CAGR of 8.65% and reach $32.08 billion by 2026. Product transparency presents an opportunity for manufacturers and brands to emerge as trusted sources for consumers, which in turn aids the providers in strengthening their image and position in the market. Providing detailed information on the product plays a major role in creating transparency and establishing brand loyalty among consumers. Hence, brands offering transparency to fulfill the customers’ demand have the potential to gain significant market share.
Global Clean Label Ingredients Market by Application
The global clean label ingredients market in the application segment is expected to be dominated by the food sector. This scenario is majorly attributed to the multiple variants of food products that drives major application of clean label ingredients. Among the various food categories listed, bakery & confectionery accounts for the highest share.
Global Clean Label Ingredients Market by Product
The global clean label ingredients market in the product segment is expected to be dominated by baking staples accounting for majority share in the bakery & confectionery category. Clean label is a growing trend in the baking industry largely driven by the consumers looking for alternative ways to consume baked products. Also the introduction of the baked concept in the savory is driving the application of baking staples, thereby making it the leading category.
Global Clean Label Ingredients Market by Region
The North America region is expected to lead the global clean label ingredients market due to the high presence of national and international market players in the region. North America also has been witnessing high utilization of organic ingredients owing to increased demand from the food and beverage industry.
Request Sample – https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=1264&type=download
How This Report Can Add Value
This extensive report can help with:
- Major regions associated with the clean label ingredients market.
- Extensive competitive benchmarking of the top 25 players has been done to offer a holistic view of the global clean label ingredients market landscape.
Recent Developments in Global Clean Label Ingredients Market
- In November 2020, Beneo launched instant and precooked functional rice starch named Remypure S52 P for clean label food product processing.
- In July 2021, Chr. Hansen’s launched Vega Culture Kit which offers flexibility that delivers superior performance.
- In October 2021, under clean label category, Cargill had launched a soluble rice flour, named SimPure 92260, which exhibits similar taste, texture as well as functionality as maltodextr, an ingredient usually used as a bulking agent and flavor carrier.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is the estimated global clean label ingredients market size in terms of revenue for the forecast period 2021-2026, and what is the expected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period 2021-2026?
- What are the key trends, market drivers, and opportunities in the market pertaining to clean label ingredients?
- What are the major restraints inhibiting the growth of the global clean label ingredients market?
- What kinds of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the clean label ingredients market based on an analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- How is the competitive benchmarking of the key clean label ingredients companies in the food & beverage market based on the analysis of their market coverage and market potential?
- How much revenue each of the segments is expected to record during the forecast period along with the growth percentage, in the following segments:
o Application, including food and beverages
o Product including baking staples, emulsifiers, starch & sweeteners, food colors & flavors and others
o Region, including North America, the U.K., Europe, Asia-Pacific and Japan, China, the Middle East and Africa, and South America
- Which type of players and stakeholders are operating in the market ecosystem of clean label ingredients, and what is their significance in the global market?
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The global clean label ingredients market comprises players such as Ingredion Incorporated, Sensient Technologies, Kerry Group plc, Tate & Lyle PLC, Brisan Group, DuPont, Cargill, Incorporated, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Corbion Inc., and Givaudan, among others.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected based on the selective pool of players, primarily Tier-1 (holding 50-60% of the market), mid-segment players (comprising 30-40% share), and small and emerging companies (holding the balance 10-20% share), based on various factors such as product portfolio, annual revenues, market penetration, research, and development initiatives, along with a domestic and international presence in the Clean Label Ingredients industry.