The CAR-T Cell Therapy Market, 2021-2030 report features a comprehensive analysis of the current market landscape; the market is projected to be worth around USD 14 Billion, increasing at a CAGR of 28.9%, till 2030, envisions Roots Analysis.
The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 28% during 2021-2030. Growth in this area is expected to be driven primarily by encouraging clinical trial results and the recent success of the four approved CAR-T cell therapies.
North America (primarily the US) and Europe are expected to capture over 75% of the market share by 2030, in terms of sales-based revenues.
Given their ability to selectively direct a cell-mediated immune reaction against cancer cells and, thereby, offer extended periods of disease remission, several CAR-T cell therapies deliver a promising therapeutic strategy for advanced-stage cancers and are expected to reach blockbuster status.
With four approved products and many investigational therapy candidates addressing multiple disease indications, the CAR-T cell therapy market is characterized by a healthy and growing pipeline. Further, with lucrative financial support and a notable increase in partnerships, the CAR-T-cell therapies market is peaking with activity.
Key Market Insights
• Over the years, several CAR-T therapies targeting novel antigens have been discovered that are being evaluated for the treatment of a diverse range of oncological and non-oncological indications
• More than 500 clinical studies of CAR-T cell therapies have been initiated worldwide, with affiliated innovators actively striving to improve successive generations of product candidates
• Many prominent scientists from renowned academic and research institutes, acting as key opinion leaders, have led the clinical development efforts in this domain
• Over time, biopharmaceutical CMOs, especially those offering manufacturing services for cell-based promotional strategies for their respective products to fully monetize the available opportunity
• With lucrative financial support and a notable increase in partnerships, the CAR-T-cell therapies market is abuzz with activity
• With a promising development pipeline and encouraging clinical outcomes, the market is anticipated to witness growth at an annualized rate of ~25% over the next decade
• Owing to the high treatment cost of such therapies, companies are actively deploying diverse
• A detailed discussion of innovative technology platforms used for the development of CAR-T cell therapies, along with profiles of key technology providers and a competitive analysis of different gene editing platforms (used for the development of CAR-T cell therapies, CAR-T cells, therapies), depending on several parameters, e.g. The ease of construction of the system, the cost of the technology, the level of toxicity, and the efficiency of the technology.
• An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the recent past, covering R&D agreements, license agreements (specific to technology platforms and product candidates), product development and commercialization agreements, manufacturing agreements, clinical trial collaborations, product supply management agreements, joint ventures, and others.
• An analysis of the investments that have been made into companies that have proprietary CAR-T cell-based products / technologies, including seed financing, venture capital financing, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings, grants , and debt financing.
• An analysis of the prevalent and emerging trends in this domain, as represented on the social media platform, Twitter, highlighting the yearly trend of tweets, most frequently talked about product candidates, popular disease indications, target antigens, and prolific authors and social media influencers.
key Highlights of the report-
Partnership activity within this domain has grown at a CAGR of 26%, between 2011 and 2020. More than 220 agreements related to CAR-T cell therapies, with the maximum activity being reported in 2018. The majority of partnership deals signed within this domain were R&D agreements (21%), technology licensing (20%) , and product development and commercialization agreements (11%).
Growth in this domain is anticipated to be primarily driven by encouraging clinical trial results and the recent success of the four approved CAR-T cell therapies.
North America (primarily the US) and Europe are expected to capture over 75% of the market share by 2030, in terms of the sales-based revenues. China is leading the product development efforts related to CAR-T cell therapies, in terms of number of active trials and supporting hospitals.
In the last 10 years, over half of the 410 clinical trials evaluating various types of CAR-T cell therapies were registered in China. In addition, owing to a favorable clinical research environment, China is presently considered to be among the leading regions in the CAR-T cell therapy space, with close to 40 industry players and more than 100 non-industry players, including hospitals and universities, contributing to this field.