Nobody wants mold growth in their home, so people are ready to take precautions. It is always recommended to catch the early mold so that you can address the problem before it worsens. When you suspect mold in your home, the first step you should take is to hire the experts & ask them about the mold inspection and mold testing process. The mold inspection procedure is defined in the lower section.
How to Prepare for a Mold Inspection?
- Shut Off all the machines for 24 hours: When preparing for mold inspection, you should shut down the air purifier and dehumidifiers for 24 hours. The role of this machine is to remove impurities from air and moisture, but it is counter productive when detecting mold spores. Humidifiers can enhance the moisture in the air content, which can be the biggest reason for your mold growth. Therefore, shut it off before appointing a licensed and certified mold inspector.
- Close all the doors & windows: If you have mold inside your home, you want to minimize the condition. By closing your windows and doors, you can maximize the accumulation of the spores that grow inside the home.
- Turn off the HVAC system: You should turn off the HVAC system for at least 2 hours. HVAC can circulate the air inside the home and dilute the mold spores. When you shut them off for 2 hours before the appointment, it will be easier for the experts to detect the molds.
- No pruning & trimming: The part of the mold inspection involves a baseline assessment. If you do any pruning and trimming, it might disturb the background mold. In addition, you should also avoid taking a shower 12 hours before the appointment; bathing and showering create excessive moisture, and it can make the mold inspection procedure process tough.
- Avoid cleaning & disinfecting chemicals: You must avoid these things for at least 48 hours. Vacuuming, dusting, and heavy cleaning can eliminate the chances of mold growth. It is requested to avoid the situation before the 2 days of the appointment. It is also requested to avoid bleach, disinfectants, and other chemical substances before 48 hours of the appointment.
- Choose a no-rain day: Rain can also affect or distort the outside baseline of the mold assessment. Mold can grow faster in wet conditions and complex the procedure. Mold can grow faster in wet conditions, so it can be a complex procedure if the mold concentration is high in your indoor air.
After following all the above-discussed process explained by a licensed and certified mold inspector, you need to do some research. Remove all the obstacles and clutter to clear the cabinets. For better expert help, look at the Bay Area Mold Pros.
Bay Area Mold Pros suggests every homeowner in the San Francisco area should get periodic mold inspections. To schedule our mold inspection & mold testing services visit our website bayareamoldpros.com either email us or fill in the contact form on our website. We can be reached 24/7 at (650)762-6228.