The new, alternative IT delivery models have been around for past few years. Even businesses that haven’t yet adopted them are aware of these models. But the circumstances that resulted from the Covid- 19 pandemic drastically changed the scenario for most of the organizations across the world. What was treated earlier as only an option has become one of the most viable courses of action!
Many business entities quickly adopted to new delivery models, and this is not at all surprising. Alternate approaches such as SaaS (Software as a service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a service), and PaaS (Platform as a service) came with several advantages. Let us look at some of their major benefits.
• With alternative delivery models, we now have ecosystems that support unified platforms where the products and services of varied brands co-exists. This is like a one-stop-shop for both businesses and customers.
• Most of the new approaches to IT delivery are cloud-based. Here, a significant point must be highlighted. While utilizing the cloud space and its associated advantages, the businesses need not relinquish their control over key aspects such as security.
• These delivery models become convenient in situations where most of the employees work from distant locations. As we have experienced, this model was extremely helpful during the pandemic times, when work-from-home was the only choice!
• Organizations sticking to the new delivery models will be in a more advantageous position than their counterparts who still prefer to continue with conventional methods.
• By adopting these innovative models, companies will always be prepared for any unforeseen circumstances hitting the markets. They will be able to respond fast and will have minimal impact on business. We have witnessed this during the pandemic.
• Dependence on alternative delivery models makes sure that businesses will have no issues in consistently maintaining top quality. The incidence of operational errors shall substantially decline enhancing the overall reputation of the company.
• When organizations choose these new models, keeping abreast of new technologies becomes a reasonably uncomplicated issue. They can promptly incorporate the latest sophistication into the business to the benefits of both the business and its customers.
• When we take into consideration of cloud-based delivery models, there is one major advantage for the organization. They need to pay as per their usage of cloud resources. In the long run, this will help them with a marked decline in operational costs.
• The latest delivery models provide many flexibilities to companies. These models encourage them to undertake short-term projects especially that are in the proof-of-concept stages.
Players operating in the markets are recommended to make a note of the aforesaid benefits. These points are important and cannot be ignored. Businesses who are adopting the alternate delivery models will have a long-term advantage compared to their counterparts.
Gadgeon is an end-to-end IT outsourcing services company which is reputed for its deep expertise in Industrial Gadgeon-IoT software development company and Engineering. We connect devices, operations, and processes to create business value, and revolutionize enterprises with the power of data. As a professional IoT software development services from Gadgeon, we successfully enabled the digital journey of customers with critical digital services ranging from embedded systems to testing & test automation.