What is Harvester?
A harvester is a machine used for harvesting crops, such as grain, vegetables, fruit, or sugar cane. The machine separates the harvested material from the plants, stems, and leaves, and collects the material into a storage unit. Harvesters can be either self-propelled or pulled behind a tractor and vary in size and capacity depending on the type of crop and the scale of the operation. In the old period, the harvesting of small grains has also been highly mechanized. The harvester is a multipurpose agriculture equipment that is used to increase agricultural production by continuously thrashing, harvesting, and washing crops. This agriculture machinery helps to increase revenues while saving time. Additionally, combine harvester collect crops by circling the entire farm.
Benefits or Importance of Harvesters
Harvesters play a critical role in agriculture by facilitating the efficient and effective harvesting of crops. Some of the benefits and importance of harvesters include:
- Increased productivity: Harvesters help to speed up the harvesting process, reducing the time and labor required to manually harvest crops.
- Improved quality of crops: Harvesters minimize damage to crops during the harvesting process, preserving their quality and increasing their market value.
- Reduced costs: By reducing the amount of manual labor required, harvesters can help to lower the cost of crop production.
- Increased safety: Harvesters eliminate the need for manual labor in hazardous conditions, reducing the risk of injury or accidents.
- Better working conditions: Harvesters allow farmers to work in more comfortable and ergonomic conditions, reducing physical strain and fatigue.
Overall, harvesters have a significant impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of crop production, making them an essential tool in modern agriculture.
There are several brands that manufacture and sell harvesters for agricultural purposes. Some respected brands include:
- John Deere: A leading manufacturer of agricultural equipment, John Deere offers a wide range of harvesters for various crops and applications.
- New Holland: Known for its high-quality agricultural machinery, New Holland offers a range of harvesters for corn, soybeans, wheat, and other crops.
- Kubota: This brand is well-regarded for its innovative and efficient harvesters, including those for Sugarcane, Maize, and other crops.
- Indo Farm: This company offers a range of harvesters for crops such as maize, Sugarcane, and Potato.
- Massey Ferguson: The Massey Ferguson combined harvester is the leader among harvester brands. It performs very well in crop harvesting with a lot of moisture. Harvesters manufactured by Massey Ferguson are much more effective for all types of crops and require less maintenance.
- Sonalika Harvesters: Sonalika combine harvesters cost Rs. 18.95 Lac and come with a performance range of 50–70 HP. The new features of the Sonalika Harvesters make it simple for farmers to employ for a wide range of agricultural harvesting applications.