The Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market was valued at ~US$ 35 billion in 2017. It is estimated to be ~US$ 50 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach a market size of ~US$ 75 billion by 2028 growing with a CAGR of ~7% during 2022 to 2028. Lack of freshwater resources to meet the regular demand of water consumption for usage is likely to drive the market growth.
For more information, request a free sample
Key Growth Drivers
- Water scarcity i.e. lack of freshwater resources to meet the regular demand of water consumption for public usage drives the growth of the Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market.
- According to UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) which is an agency of the United Nations that provides humanitarian and developmental aid to children around the globe, stated that “Four billion people — almost two-thirds of the world’s population — experience severe water scarcity for at least one month each year”.
- The high installation, operational, and maintenance cost of wastewater treatment plants is one of the biggest challenges for the Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market.
- The cost of a wastewater treatment plant directly affects the global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market as this equipment is majorly installed in wastewater treatment plants such as membrane separation and disinfectants.
- The COVID-19 pandemic slowed the growth of Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market, owing to the shutdown of production activities in various industrial areas including water and wastewater treatment equipment manufacturing units. As a result, production showed a decline in Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment market.
Key Trends by Market Segment
By Equipment: The Membrane Separation segment held the largest market share in 2021 of the Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market.
- The growth is primarily as the Membrane Separation process is purely physical and uses less energy in water treatment as compared to other equipment.
- The Membrane separation equipment follows the process where a membrane is used to separate waste materials from the water thus allowing only clear water to pass from the membrane.
Visit this Link Request for custom report
By Application: The Industrial segment held the largest market share in 2021, owing to the strict laws for industrial facilities regarding the release of wastewater from their manufacturing units.
- The Indian Government Water Law of 1974 revised in 2003 stated that the manufacturing industries have to install meters to determine the amount of water used by the Manufacturing unit as well as the industry should include operations, processes, treatment, and disposal systems that use water and generate wastewater.
- In July 2019, the Municipality of Dubai, the UAE, launched an industrial wastewater treatment plant, which is able to produce 450,000 L of water in 24 hours that can be used for irrigation purposes.
By Process: The Primary Treatment segment accounted for the largest market share in the process segment in 2021.
- Primary treatment is the first way to for treating water in a wastewater treatment plant, the primary treatment process includes the direct removal of sedimentation and solid waste from the water.
- It is highly effective and low in cost as the process requires less amount of equipment for water and wastewater treatment. Hence, primary treatment is widely adopted by many industries.
To more about industry trends, Request a free Expert call
By Geography: Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share among all regions within the total Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market in 2021.
- The growth is primarily due to the increasing population, rapid urbanization, and several government initiatives to create more water and wastewater treatment plant to deal with water scarcity.
- In September 2022, SUEZ won a contract of US$ 685 million to design, build and operate (DBO) a 500 MLD capacity Wastewater Treatment Facility in Mumbai, India that will serve a population equivalent to 2.5 million.
The Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market is highly competitive with ~350 players which include globally diversified players, regional players as well as a large number of country-niche players each with their niche in water and wastewater treatment equipment manufacturing. Large global players constitute ~15% of competitors, while country-niche players represent ~50% of competitors. Some of the major players in the market include Aquatech International LLC, Xylem Inc., DuPont, Ecolab Inc., Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, SUEZ, Pentair Plc., 3M, Veolia Water Technologies, United Utilities Group PLC, and among others.
Recent Developments Related to Major Players
- In January 2022, Veolia Water Technologies deliver a MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor) solution to Tokoroa wastewater treatment plant in New Zealand, the MBBR highly effective biological treatment process that used conventional sludge process for wastewater treatment.
- In March 2017, SUEZ acquired GE Water. The acquisition helped SUEZ to enter into the industrial water and services market, as GE water has a strong presence across the entire industrial water value chain.
- In September 2017, DuPont merged with Dow chemical company which formed a new combined entity “DowDuPont” which works for three main divisions as Agriculture, Materials Science, and Specialty Products.
The Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market are forecasted to continue growing during the forecast period primarily driven by water scarcity. Though the market is highly competitive with ~ 350 participants, few global players control the dominant share and country-niche players also hold a significant share. The market size is estimated to be ~US$ 50 billion in 2022 and is expected to reach a market size of ~US$ 75 billion by 2028 growing with a CAGR of ~7%. Asia-Pacific is the dominating region, owing to the rising population and urbanization.
Note: This is an upcoming/planned report, so the figures quoted here for a market size estimate, forecast, growth, segment share, and competitive landscape are based on initial findings and might vary slightly in the actual report. Also, any required customizations can be covered to the best feasible extent for Pre-booking clients, and the report delivered within a maximum of two working weeks.
Ken Research has recently published report titled, Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size, Segments, Outlook, and Revenue Forecast 2022-2028. In addition, the report also covers market size and forecasts for the four major regions for Global Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Markets. The revenue used to size and forecast the market for each segment is US$ billion.