An important part of the compressor is the compressed air dryer. The creation of moisture is unavoidable in the compressor, if it is not properly treated it can damage valves, motors, and pneumatic machinery. To avoid unnecessary equipment damages, maintenance repairs & shutdown implementing a compressed air drying system is important.
Here we can see how we can select the compressed air dryer for any industrial application.
Analyze the existing air drying system
Before switching over to the new compressed air system and air dryers, analyze the current air drying system for understanding the flaws and faults in the existing one. Evaluate the efficiency, maintenance costs, and sources; examine the air supply & interaction between the supply and demand.
Identify the opportunities for improving efficiency and productivity. Determine the air quality, pressure requirements, and demand load requirements.
Air drying system suitable for my requirement
There are several kinds of air dryers in the market based on the requirement and purposes. Before choosing one should check the technical specifications, features, and usage.
- Check the pressure dew point. Consider -20F or lower than that if the aim is to eliminate the corrosion in the system.
- If you are planning to operate sensitive pneumatic equipment determine the pressure dew point. Always keep in mind the pressure dew point should be lesser than the room temperature.
Compare air dryer benefits and design
Before moving to the selection, focus on the capital and operational costs. Some dryers are the least expensive, and some have good performance. For ex:
Heatless desiccant compressed air dryer
- It can be used for high and lower-pressure dew points.
- Sized to save the heat of adsorption
- Equipped with a pre filter to avoid water contamination and dust.
Series Heatless Compressed Air Dryer
- Noncorrosive aluminum body, Easy to operate; compact in size, High reliable solenoid valves.
- Less maintenance, wall mounted no space required.
Similarly, figure out the similarities and differences between all types of air dryers compare them, and choose wisely.
In the conclusion selecting the air dryers for any industry is dependent on air quality requirements. Any air dryer we choose must save the lifetime of the equipment and should produce the desired results.
Gem India equipment is the leading air dryer manufacturer in India. They manufacture all varieties of air dryers, cooling towers, and air accessories for