QuickBooks error 6000 83 is a very common 6000 series error that occurs every now and then while accessing the company file. This error code arises while opening, restoring, or backing up your QuickBooks company file and prevents users from accessing the same. One of the many possible reasons for this error is insufficient permissions to access the company file. There can be other reasons for this error, which are discussed below. In this article, we will help you resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 83 with the help of effective solutions.
If you are unable to resolve the company file issues on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QuickBooks technicians.
Why Does the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 83 Occur?
- When the company file you are trying to access has the wrong file extension, QuickBooks won’t be able to open it.
- There might be other issues with your company file, and it might be damaged or corrupted.
- You do not have sufficient access permissions to work on the company file.
- Multiple workstations are trying to open the company file while being in a single-user mode.
- The folder containing your company file might be damaged, or the file path might be incorrect.
Recommended to read : QuicikBooks Error 1723
How to Address QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 83?
Solution 1 – Scan the Company File to Ensure the Correct File Extension
- From the Windows Start menu, select the Programs and Features tab and choose QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager screen and hit the Add Folder option to search for your QB company file folder.
- Add all QB folders and select Scan to run a quick scan process and see the data files.
- Under the QuickBooks Company File option, browse each and every company file to ensure that the .QBW and .ND extension was created for each file.
- If not, you need to create the extension and run QuickBooks again to access your company file.
Solution 2 – Run the File Doctor Feature of the Tool Hub to Fix File Corruption
If your company file is corrupted or damaged, it can be fixed by running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool of the tool hub.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the Company File Issues tab to run it.
- Browse your company file and select the Check your File and Network option to scan your file for issues.
- Once the tool stops running, re-access the QB company file to check the status of the QuickBooks error -6000 -83.
QuickBooks error 6000 83 is a common company file error that can be resolved by following the solutions mentioned above. If the error code persists, you can contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our team of experts.