Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an evident surge in the demand for high quality cell therapies intended for research and therapeutic purposes, presenting lucrative opportunities for consumable providers having capabilities for raw material production.
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Cell Therapy Consumables Market” report to its list of offerings.
Currently, more than 800 IND applications have been filed for cell therapies, while close to 10 cell-based / gene therapies are likely to receive approval in 2021 across the world. This has prompted several drug developers to rely on third-party service providers that claim to have the required skillset and technical infrastructure for the production of raw materials, such as cell culture medium, cell isolation kits and cell separation reagents, in order to produce quality cellular therapies.
Key Market Insights
Presently, more than 60 players claim to provide cell therapy consumable products
This segment of the industry is dominated by start-ups / small companies (2-50 employees) and mid-sized players (51-200 employees), which represent more than 70% of the total consumable providers. In addition, around 48% players were established before 2001, while about 25% were founded post 2010.
Currently, media products capture the highest share (73%) of the cell therapy consumables
Most of the cell therapy media are being developed for stem cell therapies (72%), followed by those intended for T-cell therapies (21%). It is worth noting that all cell therapy media are currently used for research purposes, followed by those employed for therapeutic purposes (16%).
85+ consumable facilities dedicated to cell therapies have been established worldwide
North America has emerged as the consumable hub for cell therapies, featuring the presence of nearly 65% of the total consumable facilities; this is followed by Europe (21%). Other emerging regions include (in decreasing order of number of facilities) Japan, China, India and South Korea.
Partnership activity in this domain has increased at a CAGR of over 39%, between 2016 and 2021
Acquisitions and product commercialization agreements emerged as the most popular types of partnership models adopted by industry stakeholders (19% each), followed by distribution agreements (16%) and manufacturing agreements (10%). Around 71% of the total expansion projects undertaken by stakeholders were initiated since 2018.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in offering consumables for cell therapies?
- Which regions have emerged as key hubs in terms of cell therapy consumable related capabilities?
- Which are the most popular media components used for cell therapy consumables?
- What kind of partnership models are most commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this industry?
- How is the recent COVID-19 pandemic likely to impact the consumables market for cell therapies?
- What are the key challenges associated with the production of cell therapy consumables?
- What is the current, global demand (kits, media and reagents) for cell therapy consumables in the manufacturing process?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- What are the anticipated future trends related to consumables market for cell therapies?
The financial opportunity within the cell therapy consumables market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Consumable
- Type of Cell Therapy
- Dendritic Cell Therapy
- NK Cell Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- T-Cell Therapy
The report includes profiles of key players (listed below) each profile features an overview of the company, details related to its financials (if available), product portfolios, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- Miltenyi Biotec
- STEMCELL technologies
- Irvine Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- BD Biosciences
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Biospecimen Contract Research Services Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market (3rd Edition): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roots Analysis Private Limited
+1 (415) 800 3415
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/roots-analysis/mycompany/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis
Medium – https://medium.com/@RootsAnalysis
Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/RootsanalysisPin/_saved/
Quora – https://rootsanalysisinsights.quora.com/